Friday, January 16, 2009

A little update

Not a lot going on in my world. A couple of updates:

  • Toby had his big boy surgery last week, had the sutures taken out yesterday, and he's doing really well. Now he needs a bath and a haircut.
  • Work is going well, but busy. I've had 31 kids in the last two weeks. Normally in that period of time, I would have had 8-10. It's the end of the semester and people are transferring all over the place. The top three out of Washington place that students come from: California (no surprise there), Las Vegas, and Iowa. Iowa? Seriously, I've had four from Iowa since November. Too weird.
  • I got a new, much more accurate scale and weighed myself. Since last January, I've lost 23 pounds! Woot me!
  • The Obama Inauguration is on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll have something to say about that. I know three people going to the inauguration in DC.
  • George Bush made his farewell address last night. Man, I wish I lived in the America he described. It sounds like a pretty nice place!

Ah well, back to work, even though it's a bit of a slow day. That's okay though, I needed a slow day after the craziness lately.

No comments: